Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Unleash the Beasts by Alana Kakoyiannis

Each day gets more and more exciting for us. Today (Tuesday) we had yet another lively Creative Non-Fiction class with Katherine and afterward she unleashed us into the world armed with cameras and crew. Crew of course consisting of one Moroccan and one American. In my experience, we were faced with the challenge of being unable to communicate because of language differences. With the help of Khalil as our interpreter and other students, we were able to make our quandry part of the films we are making. My partner Maria and I are recording our conversations between one another and then each of us will be capturing images of the same place from our own unique perspective. I am so pleased that we were able to make this work. Now I can only hope my footage will start to reflect the beauty of my experience. Tomorrow more shooting and on to the world of fiction! I would also like to include a quote from Alain de Botton's "The Art ofTravel," which I believe poignantly describes the air amongst the group: "In our love of someone from another country, one ambition may be to weld ourselves more closely to values missing from our own culture."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home